Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Sunday with Victoria-Sofia..my little neighbour.

A wee poem for a Sunday Afternoon...

We put on our make believes
The Princess and me
and looked for some frogs
to kiss before afternoon tea..
we tried frogs in the picture books
and frogs made of glass
but the kisses were empty
and nought came to pass

so we took out our playing cards
and she made up the rules
on each of her ears she wore
sticky backed jewels
and we laughed in the sunshine
The Princess and me
until it was time to go home for her tea


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Princess - Clare always said she should have been a princess and she has often been told that she looks like Zara! I love frogs but not so much the kissing kind! I think that there is something very special about frogs.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time with the Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely poem to capture the day. I particularly enjoy the lines
    we tried frogs in the picture books
    and frogs made of glass
    but the kisses were empty
    and nought came to pass

    I wanted to thank you SO much for the information about zentangles. I had not heard that term before, but have spent the better part of the weekend surfing the net trying to find out as much as I possibly can. I think I might be ready to try my first doodle :)

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Molly!! Rick and Maria are pretty amazing aren't they. Doodling is very zen that is for sure. The more we do it the easier it becomes. The simplest form of meditation I know!

    ReplyDelete