Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year my blogging friends!!



I've been sneaking around here
after my three week and three days break from blogging..
not sure how to get started again!

I've had a most restful Christmas and New Year.
A lovely skype with loved ones in London.
Easy food,
a few friends,
just chilling out.

While we celebrated Christmas
the summer solstice happened
and the season of the dying of the light began.

The sun is high in the sky
and the arc of his journey is wide.
Just now my deck is the most pleasant place to be, shady and cool
all day long.
Just the place to hang out with friends
or sit and ponder alone.

The tall, gently dancing raupo reeds at the lake are flowering.

I guess I'm back.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back - and welcome to 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Joan! I felt the same. We just begin... a beautiful new beginning it is. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I've missed you, my New Zealand friend, and how good to see you back! It is good to have a time of rest and reflection and how wise of you to take it. These look like what we call cattails up here - and they look so peaceful.

    A happy new year to you and yours, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Catherine.. may 2011 be extraordinarily wonderful for you ..and all Cantabrians. May it be the year dear Christchurch was wonderfully rebuilt and once more on solid ground!

    Thank you Teresa Evangeline and happy New Year!

    Dear Penny. I cannot believe how I managed to stay away so long! I have been catching up on lots of posts. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you, Joan!

    I wish you a joy-filled and glorious 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Talon. There's a little something winging its way to you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Joan; I've missed you! That beautiful photo of the reeds looks like a pretty good place to begin. Happy new year and new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're back! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete