Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Last Day of the Summer School Holidays..

On the last day of school summer holidays
Victoria-Sofia and I
went to the Museum
to see
The Secret Art Of Dr Seuss.

We saw his surrealist art
and that was wonderful,



but our favourites were those old friends we both knew so well..



for instance..
da-da!
The Cat in the Hat!


and we liked his words about fantasy and nonsense.


We tried doing some Dr Seuss style art
and
we listened to the story about
The Lorax

and thought it was exactly the right story for 2011..

because The United Nations has declared 2011 to be

The Year of the Forests.

http://www.un.org/en/events/iyof2011
(Thanks Sara L. for that information.)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I like it, I like it,
    I like it, I do.
    I like it, I like it,
    And I like you.

    Oh, forgive me. The big blizzard up here is causing snow on the brain.
    I didn't know it was the the Year of the Forests. How grand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to see this exhibit! Dr Seuss is a darling of mine. "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You!" I have a sign saying that up in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it! Wish I had the words to express how much joy your posts bring. Suffice it to say there was a bit of misfortune in my family. Your bunting flags really lifted my spirits. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. I love your truffula trees. The Lorax has long been a favourite of mine, and what a delightful adventure enjoyed by both generations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I am the Lorax! I speak for the trees!"

    One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete