Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just looking at beach holiday photos..and remembering..

Did you dream of flying when you were a child?



Do you still dream of flying?
When you see gulls soar and glide and dip
and stalling their wings to
come in so effortlessly for landing,
do you dream of flying?



Have you ever woken from a dream
and realised you've been flying ?
The earth spread out beneath you,
an expanse of greens and blue
and the air rushing and supporting..



"You will begin to touch heaven, Jonathon, in the moment that you touch perfect speed.
And that isn't flying a thousand miles an hour, or a million,
or flying at the speed of light.
Because any number has a limit, and perfection doesn't have limits.
Perfect speed, my son,
is being there."



Perfect speed... perfect flight...

is being there.
  


from Jonathon Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I dream of flying. In my dreams I am far above the tree tops and fly down over the beach and race the waves. It my dreams I fly with the gulls and back up to the kereru high in the trees. Maybe these are my daydreams ..my 'if onlys'. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't flown in a dream for years
    I wonder why now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never dream of flying (maybe because I'm scared of heights), but I do dream sometimes that I can jump so high, I can clear trees and buildings. I envy birds their flight and their lofty perspectives...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Such a feeling of freedom.

    ReplyDelete