Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I seem to have a penchant just now for stories of survival.
I have read five books about walking the 500 kms of the Camino.
I find it fascinating to read how people cope and why they choose to test themselves
when they could just as easily stay in the comfort of their home.

Last night I watched yet another episode of
'I Should Not Be Alive'
Two men stuck on a tiny ledge on the top of the French Alps in a massive storm
for days on end.
Freezing cold.
Dehydrated.
One survivor and he lost hands and feet....

I am horrified and enthralled
and all the time I am doodling away
and the doodle I create
is
summery
and light
and butterflies...

how weird is that?

When I look at my doodle later it reminds me of a Rudolph Steiner quote on a card
I was given years ago.

Kinaesthetic?
I listen better when I doodle.
In fact my hands like to be busy knitting or stitching or doodling
while I listen.
When I hear music my feet have to move.
How about you?


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the butterfly and the flower mirroring each other, one flightless, or so it seems, and the other in flight. It's a wonderful notion and I find it metaphysically inspiring and reaffirming. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an optimistic doodle. It's beautiful, Joan.
    Cheers
    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doodles seem to be expressing great optimism in the face of adversity -- an interesting reaction to the story you were watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this doodle, and its vibrant colours. Thank you Joan, it is so full of hope.

    ReplyDelete