Friday, February 3, 2012

Hello my blog friends.
So long I know.
First Blogspot is still being difficult and will not let
me write where I wish.
Then I succumbed to a chest infection that has laid me low
for over three weeks.
I am on another course of antibiotics
and hoping it will soon be over.
All in all
I just gave up on the computer.
It is summer here in Aotearoa/New Zealand.
I have enjoyed the coolness of summer rains
and the greeness all around me.
I love this painting by Jo Gallagher.
These are the hills I know so well
and the summer grasses that now grow on the roadsides.
A spell of sickness can be a blessing,
with quiet time for reading
and listening to Leonard Cohen's latest song gift..
"Old Ideas"
Such a poet and mystic
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Blogspot lets me write above the first photo then it suddenly decides.. you've written enough..no more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe the Universe is insisting you take a break. I must say, though, I am so happy to hear from you, as I was just thinking of you this morning, wandering if/when you would return. I like the painting very much and Leonard's new album (the four cuts I've heard), is just wondrous. He really is a mystic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan, how nice to see you back on the blog. I'm sorry you've been unwell and send you healing thoughts. The painting is very 'Lammas' (see my latest blog post) - just perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! You're where I was. That infection is too nasty for words. The first antibiotics the doc put me on didn't take either. Take care of yourself, Joan!! *sends healing wishes*

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful painting, Joan! Here's hoping the infection clears soon.

    ReplyDelete