Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Josie's Door..

My friend is painting her house.
How do you like my door
she asked
as we arrived.
It was early spring dark
and red is no colour without the sunshine.


Some of her children think it is ...
too red
she said.

When the sun shone down
we,
her friends
all grown old and a little shocking,
clapped our hands in glee
and shouted
oh yes!
Now that is a door!

That is a door that says
dance
and
be riotous.

That is a door that says
come in
come in!

That is a door that says
I dare you
to
be alive!

She laughed.
I thought so too
she said.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I Love this! Everyone should have a bold colored door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a magnificent door this is! I always think that entrances are so important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the perfect (as list to us) door in our other home. It was bright red and everyone knew it! Go red doors!

    ReplyDelete